|Take a close look at the ancient art of busking through the eyes of one of the world's great practitioners!
BUSKER highlights include...
- The outlandish and often hilarious details of one busker's forty-year career entertaining around the globe...from cafes on the isle of Crete to the walking streets of Scandinavia and the ferryboats of Puget Sound.
- An exploration of the much maligned/beloved art of busking and the lifestyle of a street performer. Through his personal experiences, historic anecdotes and a look at other famous buskers, Michael makes the case that busking plays a vital cultural role in society.
- A gritty and humorous travelogue of five summers of street music exploits and misadventures in Europe.
- Colorful coming-of-age stories of Michael as a teen, venturing through the turbulent sixties' culture of anti-war uprisings and psychedelic voyages before breaking into the seventies when he honed his music performance skills from an Israeli kibbutz to the seamy underbelly of Hollywood Boulevard.
- A bonus section - 50 HOT TIPS FOR BUSKERS with invaluable pointers and lessons for novice and expert buskers alike. Fun for armchair buskers too!
- A companion 73-minute compilation CD of David Michael's best music is included with the book.
"This book is a bit like a time warp or sci-fi adventure with its own world and terminology... You will laugh, virtually cry...and begin to question “have I lived my life to the fullest?” What a gem of a book for any reader. Open your horizons and learn about another world."
Chris Lunn, Ancient Victory News